Relax at Seamless Dentistry
Dr. Todd understands that people of all ages can experience dental anxiety. We strive to make your dental visits pleasant and effective. To help you relax during your dental treatments, we offer sedation options, pillows, and blankets. We even have TVs in our treatment rooms so you can watch your favorite show or movie.
Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a colorless blend of oxygen and nitrous oxide gases. Inhaling nitrous oxide creates a sense of well-being and relaxation, which can help patients who feel anxious or fearful about dental treatments.
- Nitrous oxide is one of the safest anti-anxiety agents used in dentistry.
- Nitrous oxide has very few side effects.
- You remain fully conscious throughout your dental treatment.
- Feelings of calm and relaxation are felt almost immediately.
- Breathing pure oxygen for several minutes after treatment completely reverses the effects of nitrous oxide.
- Administration is comfortable and painless, involving only a mask over the nose.
Oral Conscious Sedation
For patients with moderate to severe dental anxiety, we offer oral conscious sedation. Oral conscious sedation involves taking a carefully-prescribed sedative before your dental visit. By the time you arrive at Seamless Dentistry, you will feel calm and relaxed. If necessary, we can also administer nitrous oxide before your dental treatment.
- Oral conscious sedation allows you to stay awake during your treatment, while still feeling significantly calm and relaxed.
- The effects of the prescription sedative are usually mild.
- You will need someone to escort you to and from your dental appointment.
Schedule a convenient appointment today!